It is time for another restaurant challenge. Last week, we had the rare occasion to visit a Chipotle Mexican Grill, and so we believe we have enough information to make a fair analysis between Chipotle and Qdoba, two nearly identical restaurants. Let us compare:
- Chipotle has brown rice, plus the rice has cilantro. Point for Chipotle.
- Both have delicious meats and burritos. The beef at Chipotle is great. The Ancho Chile BBQ at Qdoba is fantastic. This round is a draw.
- If you get salsa in a cup at a Chipotle, they charge $1.25; Qdoba does not charge extra. Point for Qdoba.
- If you get a naked burrito at Qdoba, they do not charge you when you ask for chips to go with it. At Chipotle, you will pay for them. Point for Qdoba.
- Qdoba has cheese sauce (with the unfortunate moniker “3-Cheese Queso Sauce”). Chipotle has none. Point for Qdoba.
Qdoba has just handed Chipotle a whoopin’.